Friday, April 23, 2010

Tip of the Day: Name Dropping!!!

When I was thinking of a helpful idea to place on my blog today, I came up with an interesting idea.  I would start with a quick little summary of some names I'm working on and see what happens!!  So if you're googling any of these names or know any of them, PLEASE contact me!!!! :) :)

William Bennette Kopping married Eva Merle Wendling Chamberlin on 1986, but he also married Mary Prosek in ???? and Loren F Martineau in 1976.  His parents are William Henry Karl Kopping and Eva Grace Robarts, who was a twin.  His siblings are Adaline Kopping (b. 1907) and Elmer Clifton Kopping (b. 1911).  Adaline married Arne Andreasen about 1928 and I know nothing after that (as of the post).  William Henry Kopping's parents were John Kopping and Hannah Mueller, probably from Germany since that's where William Karl Kopping was born.  William Kopping can also be spelled William Copping, Will Coping, Bill Koping, and many other ways so be creative!!  An interesting note is that William Henry Karl Kopping's original name on his immigration record is Wilhelm Kopping!!  That should sound familiar from an earlier blog post :)

So, why did I go about and write a quick paragraph about the Kopping family that I have been researching?  If you guessed "Because it's cool to name drop," then you are correct!!!  If you have a website, blog, or any other searchable-from-google page on the internet, I HIGHLY recommend you add a post or whatever just name dropping like crazy, such as my simple example was!!  Why, you ask?  Because when you do a searcg on google (go ahead, try it!) for "Arne Andreasen" or "Eva Robarts" you will find a great little blog that some guy wrote somewhere in the world about..... FAMILY HISTORY!!!!!  GOLD MINE!!!!!


Yeah, family name dropping is great!!  Now from here onto forever, anyone who is researching the Kopping, Wendling, or Chamerlain line (among others) will be able to find a great source of information from my blog post today!!  Isn't that cool??  Not only does it increase your web traffic some day, but it also benefits the whole world on family history research!!  WOW!!!


I can't believe I just helped someone confirm their genealogical research in this post, can you?  "But how did you confirm anything Sterl?"  I'm happy you asked!!  Going with what I said earlier in my blog post, someone down the road ten years, thirty years, or even 150 years from now will find this post on Google with a simple quoted name search for someone I mentioned above!!  They will find a quick 4 or 5 generation pedigree chart in sentence form that I typed up with names, dates, and places which will confirm their hard-earned work (or disprove them by showing they traced the wrong line) and help them in their future research!!  Maybe they didn't know that William Henry Karl Kopping came from the Island of Regan, Helle, Germany where he was born on October 12, 1879 and came to America on 1900 to the Seattle, Washington port!!  Well, they do now for reading this post!!

Now that I taught you a nifty and fun little trick to help people with their family history research today, tomorrow, and forever, go out and do it!!  When you do, be sure to include a link to my blog telling everyone that they should also do the same!!  If one person does this because I said so and one of their friends does it because they said so and so on, assuming each person mentions only 5 family names, then the world would have SOOOOO MUCH genealogicaly-connected research to work with!!  So be that one person and post it on your blog, Facebook, Myspace even, or website!!  It's good for the economy of researchers! :)

No comments: